Re: The amazing plastic still

  • shootzoo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      Good idea I think I'll try that. I'm really not sure this method
      would even produce any methanol to begin with. But, better safe than
      sorry, right.

      <abbababbaccc@y...> wrote:

      > Make a small outlet at the bottom of the 25l bucket and you can try
      > cuts and stuff. The quality of "amazing still" is actually slightly
      > better than a potstill due to sub boiling point evaporation (less
      > high boiling point stuff). Here's few photos of an improved version
      > that will give over 60% (depend on mash %) at the start:
      >
      > Greetz, Riku

    • vipereexx
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7 8:10 PM
        Hi Riku,
        Looking over the pics of the modified amazing still, I understand
        the reason for the pastic pipe extension, wondering what the copper
        pipe is for...a return to the base pail, or is this for collection
        of the finished product? Newbie:), seriously considering buiding a
        unit.Any suggestions/guidance welcome. Thanks Rob