Re: How much left in Column...

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 1, 2005
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Nixon" <mike@s...> wrote:
      > abbababbaccc wrote:
      > Subject: [new_distillers] Re: How much left in Column...
      >
      > Sorry to interrupt Mike, but CM has automated shutdown if adjusted
      > properly. Assuming constant cooling when the boiling point of vapor
      > increases the cooling efficiency increases and output ceases. This
      of
      > course requires that the output is pretty slow to start with. Best
      > suited for air cooling, low wattage and power controller.
      > ================
      > Tarue Riku ... but I was trying to be as general as possible. As
      you say,
      > with careful "tweaking" then it can be made to shut down after the
      main run
      > ... but it's quite a tricky balance to achieve and, as you say, you
      have to
      > be running at a snail's pace.
      >
      > All the best,
      > Mike N

      Indeed so, for quality you need to take your time (unfortunately).
      You can, as a matter of fact, achieve shutdown inbetween heads and
      main run as well, but for that you'd better have 3-4 days to process
      25 liters mash (spirall still with column as an example). Still
      strugling to find a perfect balance of time versus quality versus
      trouble. Making whiskey on the other hand ... :)

      Greetz, Riku