Re: [new_distillers] Re: How much left in Column...

  • Mike Nixon
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 1, 2005
      abbababbaccc wrote:
      Subject: [new_distillers] Re: How much left in Column...

      Sorry to interrupt Mike, but CM has automated shutdown if adjusted
      properly. Assuming constant cooling when the boiling point of vapor
      increases the cooling efficiency increases and output ceases. This of
      course requires that the output is pretty slow to start with. Best
      suited for air cooling, low wattage and power controller.
      ================
      Tarue Riku ... but I was trying to be as general as possible. As you say,
      with careful "tweaking" then it can be made to shut down after the main run
      ... but it's quite a tricky balance to achieve and, as you say, you have to
      be running at a snail's pace.

      All the best,
      Mike N
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 1, 2005
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Nixon" <mike@s...> wrote:
        > abbababbaccc wrote:
        > Subject: [new_distillers] Re: How much left in Column...
        >
        > Sorry to interrupt Mike, but CM has automated shutdown if adjusted
        > properly. Assuming constant cooling when the boiling point of vapor
        > increases the cooling efficiency increases and output ceases. This
        of
        > course requires that the output is pretty slow to start with. Best
        > suited for air cooling, low wattage and power controller.
        > ================
        > Tarue Riku ... but I was trying to be as general as possible. As
        you say,
        > with careful "tweaking" then it can be made to shut down after the
        main run
        > ... but it's quite a tricky balance to achieve and, as you say, you
        have to
        > be running at a snail's pace.
        >
        > All the best,
        > Mike N

        Indeed so, for quality you need to take your time (unfortunately).
        You can, as a matter of fact, achieve shutdown inbetween heads and
        main run as well, but for that you'd better have 3-4 days to process
        25 liters mash (spirall still with column as an example). Still
        strugling to find a perfect balance of time versus quality versus
        trouble. Making whiskey on the other hand ... :)

        Greetz, Riku