How long of a column

  • hemo741
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hello

      I have managed to find a 6 foot sectiom of 3 inch copper pipe and was
      considering using it for column.
      My set up right now is ridiculoulsy over powered (3000 watts internal
      heater)and I'm thinking that a 3 inch column would be better. The
      question is how long to make the column. From previous posts I
      understand that a slower vapour speed (wider diameter and lower
      power) and longer time (height of column) in the column is better for
      seperation but can the vapour speed be too low? (ie could I make the
      column too long?)

      Hemo