EC1118

  • king pin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2005
      Has/is anyone used this yeast for sugar ferments? Seems most use turbo's. I've tried to rescue a sugar wash repeated times now. Although it is very slowly fermenting, (started @ 1.050 now 1.040 after 2 days or so). I somehow expected a quicker pace. I know its no turbo, but by all accounts a very hard working yeast. I somehow doubt ALL the packets of yeast could be dead. Perhaps I needed to invert the sugar and the ec1118 cannot handle table sugar in that form. Or, as Harry has mentioned, start from scratch once again. Any info would be appreciated as always.

      Regards,

      KP