Re: heat source

  • Cary Rhodes
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2005
      Glen

      I have a 10 gallon stainless pot with a 2 inch copper column.

      Using a 240V supply and a 1500 watt hot water heater element.

      I built a box with a switch and a Variac voltage controller to be
      plugged in line, but i didn't use it.

      Temp was fine using the full 1500 watts.

      I have a 'cooling water thru the column in two places' unit. So I
      would guess I am needing a few more watts to overcome the cold water
      thru the column.

      cary r

      -- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Nightlatch" <mgowen55@h...>