Re: [new_distillers] Re: Air cooling suggestion

  • Jim Creighton
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
      Riku said:

      > The only problem is that it is possible for vapors to enter only one
      > condenser
      >due to pressure differences. One of the swedes had this problem when
      >he tried spiral still with 2 spirals.

      I wonderd about this too. However, perhaps slight differences in size
      between two (small bore?) spiral tubes may be significant at that scale.
      Small differences between two or more 3/4" - 1" pipes may be less
      significant.

      > If you try that two pipe setup let us know the results. If it works well
      >there's no reason why you couldn't use multiple convectors to cool
      >off as much power as is needed.

      Yes, one could make an array of three, four or more convector pipes, like
      flower petals.

      It would be necessary to place the rig in a draft free location because
      vapour would be drawn out on the down-wind side and pushed back down on the
      up-wind side.

      Cheers, JimC