digital thermometer (was

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
      Thanks Tony
      Maybe I'll try another source. This last one was out 6 degrees.I
      live in southwest Ontario and there's lots of place's for me to go
      look for one.

      Maybe I'll have better luck next time. I'm 63 and my eyes are not
      that good either.
      Rich
    • Dean Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
        Try an electronics shop in the land of OZ we have Dick Smiths or Jaycar
        you can by digital thermometers ranging from $15.00 and up if there is a
        problem with it take it back. Remember it doesn't matter so much if a
        digital thermometer is out of calibration, if you take note of the
        temperatures it gives in a typical run then all you have to do is mimic
        them next run.

        Dean.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Dean Thomas <deanlil@p...>
          wrote:
          > Try an electronics shop in the land of OZ we have Dick Smiths or
          Jaycar
          > you can by digital thermometers ranging from $15.00 and up if
          there is a
          > problem with it take it back. Remember it doesn't matter so much
          if a
          > digital thermometer is out of calibration, if you take note of the
          > temperatures it gives in a typical run then all you have to do is
          mimic
          > them next run.
          >
          > Dean.

          I'll 2nd that. I've got one from DSE $24.95 accurate + - 1°C. My
          run is rock steady at 79.4°C so the blurb on accuracy is correct, it
          reads exactly 1 degree high. 5000 hr battery life also.