FAQ ?

  • Tony & Elle Ackland
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2000
      Des & newbies,

      Would it be of value to collate a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for the
      NEW-DISTILLERS newsgroup, and post this say monthly ?

      If so, what sort of questions/answers should it have ?

      I'm thinking along the lines of ....

      Is distilling hard to do ?
      Is it legal ?
      Will it make me blind ?
      Whats the difference between a pot still, reflux still, and fractionating
      column ?
      How do I get or make a still ?
      How do i make a whisky / rum / vodka ?
      Should i use sugar or grains ?
      Can I use fruit wine ?
      How do i get rid of that "off-taste" ?
      How do i measure the strength of it & dilute it ?
      How do i flavour/turn the vodka's into something else ?
      What web resources are there ?

      Not too much on any of these (gees - this is how I first intended my site -
      but it kept growing), maybe just a simple/clear paragraph on each, but a
      bit of a starting point before heading into the advanced stuff & the
      regular DISTILLERS news group. Deliberately avoid too much detail on
      building stills & all the combinations thereof because this is where it can
      get confusing, but just touch on the basics.

      Any comments ?

      Tony
      http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller