Re: [new_distillers] soaking in fruit- brandy-

  • Robert Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hi Shady,
      I've made sloe "gin" with neutral spirit + juniper
      berries, and also strawberry vodka.
      Both are liqueur type (ie sweet). I suggest starting
      with a fairly high percent alcohol (say 60-70) and
      diluting back when you know how much the fruit diluted
      it (this is frankly guesswork, as a hydrometer won't
      read properly due to the fruit sugars etc. So it'll
      have to be a tasting session... shucks!
      Rob

      --- shadyprojects <shadyprojects@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone tried making fruit brandy by soaking
      > fruit in their
      > distilled brandy? any luck? any particular fruit?

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • popwahtosh
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas
        <whosbrewing@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Shady,
        > I've made sloe "gin" with neutral spirit + juniper
        > berries, and also strawberry vodka.
        >
        > Rob
        ==========================

        It's not slo gin if you don't use sloe berries. At least that's what
        I've always thought

        Pop
        =======================

        > http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Lindsay Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
          But if he drinks a lot of it it may sloe him down!!

          Cheers and sorry,
          Lindsay.

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
            Hi,
            sorry,
            I reread my note! I meant I used loads of sloes and
            one or two juniper berries for the background "gin"
            flavour.
            I wouldn't recomment just juniper unless you like
            drinking medicine/turps.
            Rob.

            http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo