soaking in fruit- brandy-

  • shadyprojects
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
      Has anyone tried making fruit brandy by soaking fruit in their
      distilled brandy? any luck? any particular fruit?
    • Robert Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
        Hi Shady,
        I've made sloe "gin" with neutral spirit + juniper
        berries, and also strawberry vodka.
        Both are liqueur type (ie sweet). I suggest starting
        with a fairly high percent alcohol (say 60-70) and
        diluting back when you know how much the fruit diluted
        it (this is frankly guesswork, as a hydrometer won't
        read properly due to the fruit sugars etc. So it'll
        have to be a tasting session... shucks!
        Rob

        --- shadyprojects <shadyprojects@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone tried making fruit brandy by soaking
        > fruit in their
        > distilled brandy? any luck? any particular fruit?

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • popwahtosh
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas
          <whosbrewing@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Shady,
          > I've made sloe "gin" with neutral spirit + juniper
          > berries, and also strawberry vodka.
          >
          > Rob
          ==========================

          It's not slo gin if you don't use sloe berries. At least that's what
          I've always thought

          Pop
          =======================

          > http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • Lindsay Williams
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
            But if he drinks a lot of it it may sloe him down!!

            Cheers and sorry,
            Lindsay.

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
              Hi,
              sorry,
              I reread my note! I meant I used loads of sloes and
              one or two juniper berries for the background "gin"
              flavour.
              I wouldn't recomment just juniper unless you like
              drinking medicine/turps.
              Rob.

              http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo