Re: [new_distillers] Re: Roofing and Gutter Cable

  • richard oneil
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
      Thanks Harry that makes more sence. I had a piece of
      cable about 30 feet long and thought I could put it to
      use.
      Rich
      --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rich"
      <richardoneil2001@y...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone
      > Has anyone used this to wrap around multiple 25
      liter fermenter
      pails
      > keep them warm.
      > Thanks Rich

      I guess it would depend on what you mean by
      "multiple". At 5 to 8
      watts/ft of cable, a core of 4 or 5 fermenters wrapped
      in cable
      would amount to a lot of heat. The cable is designed
      to melt ice.
      Wouldn't you be better off using fish-tank glass
      immersion heaters
      in each fermenter? Cheaper and adjustable, without
      the risk of fire
      or killing your yeast.

      HTH

      New Distillers group archives are at
      http://archive.nnytech.net/
      FAQ and other information available at
      http://homedistiller.org

      Terms of Service.

    • Cary Rhodes
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
        I was waiting to be educated on exactly what a gutter cable was.

        It must be unique to you cold weather types.

        I bought a cheep aquarium heater. It works great. its keeping a
        bucket warm even as we speak.

        My latest dilemma is what to do with all the litre jars of product.

        cary r

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...>
        wrote:

        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rich"
        > <richardoneil2001@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Everyone
        > > Has anyone used this to wrap around multiple 25 liter fermenter
        > pails

      • richard oneil
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
          Gutter cable is low wattage "about 80 watts" that we
          use around the perimeter of your eves trough to keep
          the snow and ice from freezing and pushing water up
          under your shingles. It can be a problem if you have a
          low slope roof here in cold country. I live in Ontario
          Canada and we had about 30 centimeters of snow last
          week a -18c to -20 c night time temps.
          Rich

          ---------------------------------

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
            I thot ye would drink it insted of storing it
            jesse jkirby007@...

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, David W Lunsford
              <maxtonnage@e...> wrote:
              > Damn, I might can help with that...maxtonnage

              The barter system comes to mind. :-))

            • morganfield1
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Cary Rhodes" <rhodeseng@y...>
                wrote:

                > My latest dilemma is what to do with all the litre jars of product.
                >
                > cary r

                I thought maybe it was a trick question!

              • David W Lunsford
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005

                  At 10:08 PM 2/1/05 -0000, you wrote:

                  >I was waiting to be educated on exactly what a gutter cable was.
                  >
                  >It must be unique to you cold weather types.
                  >
                  >I bought a cheep aquarium heater. It works great. its keeping a
                  >bucket warm even as we speak.
                  >
                  >My latest dilemma is what to do with all the litre jars of product.
                  >
                  >cary r

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • David W Lunsford
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005