Re: Roofing and Gutter Cable

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rich"
      <richardoneil2001@y...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone
      > Has anyone used this to wrap around multiple 25 liter fermenter
      pails
      > keep them warm.
      > Thanks Rich

      I guess it would depend on what you mean by "multiple". At 5 to 8
      watts/ft of cable, a core of 4 or 5 fermenters wrapped in cable
      would amount to a lot of heat. The cable is designed to melt ice.
      Wouldn't you be better off using fish-tank glass immersion heaters
      in each fermenter? Cheaper and adjustable, without the risk of fire
      or killing your yeast.

      HTH
    • richard oneil
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
        Thanks Harry that makes more sence. I had a piece of
        cable about 30 feet long and thought I could put it to
        use.
        Rich

        ---------------------------------

        <richardoneil2001@y...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone
        > Has anyone used this to wrap around multiple 25
        liter fermenter
        pails
        > keep them warm.
        > Thanks Rich

        I guess it would depend on what you mean by
        "multiple". At 5 to 8
        watts/ft of cable, a core of 4 or 5 fermenters wrapped
        in cable
        would amount to a lot of heat. The cable is designed
        to melt ice.
        Wouldn't you be better off using fish-tank glass
        immersion heaters
        in each fermenter? Cheaper and adjustable, without
        the risk of fire
        or killing your yeast.

        HTH

        New Distillers group archives are at
        http://archive.nnytech.net/
        FAQ and other information available at
        http://homedistiller.org

        Terms of Service.

      • Cary Rhodes
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
          I was waiting to be educated on exactly what a gutter cable was.

          It must be unique to you cold weather types.

          I bought a cheep aquarium heater. It works great. its keeping a
          bucket warm even as we speak.

          My latest dilemma is what to do with all the litre jars of product.

          cary r

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...>
          wrote:

          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rich"
          > <richardoneil2001@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Everyone
          > > Has anyone used this to wrap around multiple 25 liter fermenter
          > pails

        • richard oneil
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
            Gutter cable is low wattage "about 80 watts" that we
            use around the perimeter of your eves trough to keep
            the snow and ice from freezing and pushing water up
            under your shingles. It can be a problem if you have a
            low slope roof here in cold country. I live in Ontario
            Canada and we had about 30 centimeters of snow last
            week a -18c to -20 c night time temps.
            Rich

            ---------------------------------

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
              I thot ye would drink it insted of storing it
              jesse jkirby007@...

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, David W Lunsford
                <maxtonnage@e...> wrote:
                > Damn, I might can help with that...maxtonnage

                The barter system comes to mind. :-))

              • morganfield1
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Cary Rhodes" <rhodeseng@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > My latest dilemma is what to do with all the litre jars of product.
                  >
                  > cary r

                  I thought maybe it was a trick question!

                • David W Lunsford
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005

                    At 10:08 PM 2/1/05 -0000, you wrote:

                    >I was waiting to be educated on exactly what a gutter cable was.
                    >
                    >It must be unique to you cold weather types.
                    >
                    >I bought a cheep aquarium heater. It works great. its keeping a
                    >bucket warm even as we speak.
                    >
                    >My latest dilemma is what to do with all the litre jars of product.
                    >
                    >cary r

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • David W Lunsford
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005