Roofing and Gutter Cable

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1 6:31 AM
      Hi Everyone
      Has anyone used this to wrap around multiple 25 liter fermenter pails
      keep them warm.
      Thanks Rich
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1 11:17 AM
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rich"
        <richardoneil2001@y...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone
        > Has anyone used this to wrap around multiple 25 liter fermenter
        pails
        > keep them warm.
        > Thanks Rich

        I guess it would depend on what you mean by "multiple". At 5 to 8
        watts/ft of cable, a core of 4 or 5 fermenters wrapped in cable
        would amount to a lot of heat. The cable is designed to melt ice.
        Wouldn't you be better off using fish-tank glass immersion heaters
        in each fermenter? Cheaper and adjustable, without the risk of fire
        or killing your yeast.

        HTH
      • richard oneil
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1 11:48 AM
          Thanks Harry that makes more sence. I had a piece of
          cable about 30 feet long and thought I could put it to
          use.
          Rich

          ---------------------------------

          <richardoneil2001@y...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone
          > Has anyone used this to wrap around multiple 25
          liter fermenter
          pails
          > keep them warm.
          > Thanks Rich

          I guess it would depend on what you mean by
          "multiple". At 5 to 8
          watts/ft of cable, a core of 4 or 5 fermenters wrapped
          in cable
          would amount to a lot of heat. The cable is designed
          to melt ice.
          Wouldn't you be better off using fish-tank glass
          immersion heaters
          in each fermenter? Cheaper and adjustable, without
          the risk of fire
          or killing your yeast.

          HTH

          New Distillers group archives are at
          http://archive.nnytech.net/
          FAQ and other information available at
          http://homedistiller.org

          Terms of Service.

        • Cary Rhodes
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1 2:08 PM
            I was waiting to be educated on exactly what a gutter cable was.

            It must be unique to you cold weather types.

            I bought a cheep aquarium heater. It works great. its keeping a
            bucket warm even as we speak.

            My latest dilemma is what to do with all the litre jars of product.

            cary r

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...>
            wrote:

            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rich"
            > <richardoneil2001@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Everyone
            > > Has anyone used this to wrap around multiple 25 liter fermenter
            > pails

          • richard oneil
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1 3:42 PM
              Gutter cable is low wattage "about 80 watts" that we
              use around the perimeter of your eves trough to keep
              the snow and ice from freezing and pushing water up
              under your shingles. It can be a problem if you have a
              low slope roof here in cold country. I live in Ontario
              Canada and we had about 30 centimeters of snow last
              week a -18c to -20 c night time temps.
              Rich

              ---------------------------------

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1 4:09 PM
                I thot ye would drink it insted of storing it
                jesse jkirby007@...

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1 4:23 PM
                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, David W Lunsford
                  <maxtonnage@e...> wrote:
                  > Damn, I might can help with that...maxtonnage

                  The barter system comes to mind. :-))

                • morganfield1
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1 4:30 PM
                    --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Cary Rhodes" <rhodeseng@y...>
                    wrote:

                    > My latest dilemma is what to do with all the litre jars of product.
                    >
                    > cary r

                    I thought maybe it was a trick question!

                  • David W Lunsford
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1 6:00 PM

                      At 10:08 PM 2/1/05 -0000, you wrote:

                      >I was waiting to be educated on exactly what a gutter cable was.
                      >
                      >It must be unique to you cold weather types.
                      >
                      >I bought a cheep aquarium heater. It works great. its keeping a
                      >bucket warm even as we speak.
                      >
                      >My latest dilemma is what to do with all the litre jars of product.
                      >
                      >cary r

                      >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • David W Lunsford
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 1 6:30 PM