Re: Newbie question folks!

  • Saul Sabia
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 27, 2005
      > Message: 11
      > Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:59:49 -0000
      > From: "Harry" <gnikomson2000@...>
      > Subject: Re: Newbie question folks!
      >

      > I agree. Just remember DON'T use hops. It comes out awful in
      > distillation.

      Just for the record, i was looking at a bourbon recipe in a "big book of bourbon"
      kind of book, and the sample recipe _did_ have hops in it. the initial
      starter culture, at 20 gallons, had a gallon of jug yeast, at least 20 pounds of
      grain mash, and ... 4 oz of hops. =) so, if the end yield of the recipe was about
      4,000 bottles of bourbon, and the recipe had 4 oz of hops.... hrmmmm....
      anyone got a calculator? maybe a "sneeze" of hops? =)

      i did a "mulligan" whiskey a little while back, where i distilled from a mash of 3 gal
      of bourbon-style all-grain mash, 2 gal of lightly hopped beer, and a couple bottles of
      pyment(honey-grape) wine. turned out... well, okay, i guess. i left it at 64%, where
      i could at least appreciate it for it's kick if not it's bite. =)

      Saul

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail