to pack or not...

  • Robert Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2005
      Hi all,
      I've got a soso rum wash ready (and 1/2 gall of fore
      and tail stuff- not yet combined)
      So the question is is there any difference ultimately
      between distilling thru a reflux column packed and
      unpacked.
      Seems to me that usual packing will give be more
      flexibliity blending, rather than trusting to
      "nature".
      I've seen the breakdown of fractions to blend (here or
      at the distiller site?)
      Furthermore, should I dump the redistil stuff in or
      will it change the flavour profile (too much). This
      was a sugar wash. (I may have decided already, having
      written this).
      Any suggestions appreciated.
      Cheers,
      Rob.
      p.s. I WILL WAIT for responses b4 distilling.

      The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
      http://my.yahoo.com