Re: ruined fermentation?

  • jcmca
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 4, 2005
      as a matter of course, i ditch the first 100ml, just to be on the
      safe side, but that doesn't solve the problem. EVERYTHING after teh
      first 100 ml is also foul. lol!

      i have run the still real hard, and run it real soft and slow, but
      nothing makes a difference. also makes NO difference whether i am
      cooking a rum, or a malt. stench is the same.

      best!
      John

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ajdonnison" <adam@s...> wrote:

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, jkirby007@a... wrote:
      > > by the way i said you could clean up what you have already
      distilled
      > , its
      > > easy and you can do it by putting the distilate in the next batch
      > abd then above
      > > all ,throw away the ist 70 ml
      > > thaTS ROUGHLY A HALF PINT AMERICAN
      >
      > Half a US pint is 8 fl oz, or around 240ml. 70ml is a little over 2
      > fl oz, or something closer 1/7th of a pint.
    • mspk2004
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 5, 2005
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Lindsay Williams" <linw@x>

        Having had problems with two recent fermentations myself, I very much
        appreciate your reasoned reponse to John's problem Thanks.