Long awaited first run

  • d619c
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      I finally finished my first still, a valved reflux still. I ran
      plain water for the first time. It distilled 2 1/2 L the first
      hour. Here is my problem. The distillate arrives very warm.....warm
      to the tune of 70C. I have no vapor escape from the top of my open
      condenser, so I assume I'm OK on that end. Water into the coil is
      cold and out is cool, so I assume that's OK. Is hot distillate
      normal for this type of still? If not what have I done wrong?