Re: [new_distillers] Re: Molasses question

  • jkirby007@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
      i have used this type molasses,but the content of sugar is aprox35 % so there
      is less sugars to ferment but it works well,add to the molasses what you
      would consider an equal amount and that should work fine for rum, but it will be
      what is considered heavy rum
      the still temp will steralize any im purities that are in the molasses, thes
      type molasses here in the U S are the last runs of a mill making molasses
      or are some that is not good enough for human use due to the amount of
      impurities that are in the molasses,these impurities will be taken care of by care
      ful filtering of the molases when hot and by the still its self
      jkirby007@...

    • jkirby007@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
        I should have said to add a equal amount of sugar to raise the sugar content
        that makes heavy rum