Re: Molasses question

  • Cary Rhodes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
      jesse

      is this the same product that I see at the farm supply store in a
      barrell or drum or other container with a pump that says molasses

      I don't know what its sold for, I would assume some type animal feed.

      cary

    • jkirby007@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
        i have used this type molasses,but the content of sugar is aprox35 % so there
        is less sugars to ferment but it works well,add to the molasses what you
        would consider an equal amount and that should work fine for rum, but it will be
        what is considered heavy rum
        the still temp will steralize any im purities that are in the molasses, thes
        type molasses here in the U S are the last runs of a mill making molasses
        or are some that is not good enough for human use due to the amount of
        impurities that are in the molasses,these impurities will be taken care of by care
        ful filtering of the molases when hot and by the still its self
        jkirby007@...

      • jkirby007@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
          I should have said to add a equal amount of sugar to raise the sugar content
          that makes heavy rum