Re: Water Problems?

  • Lindsay Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
      Let me get this straight. You add whisky essence to the etoh, then add
      the port, then put it on oak?

      What sort of oak do you use? Is it chipped, sawdust, or??? Plain oak
      or charred or toasted?

      I have a big chunk of an oak tree. It is quite red inside so presume
      it is "red oak". I experimented with putting some sawdust into a jar
      of etoh. It has certainly coloured up but it smells of musty sawdust!!

      Cheers,
      Lindsay.

      <snip>