The great out doors

  • dean
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      I've just found a great cheap alternative to the usually expensive water
      pump for water recycling during a run.
      I purchased a $19.00 AU camping shower from Jaycar (an electronics
      retailer in Australia like Dick smiths) it consists of a 12V 5A
      submersible pump with an on/off switch and a shower head and a cigarette
      lighter male plug.
      I purchased female cigarette lighter socket to connect to my 8A car
      battery charger unscrewed the shower head and found a 1/2" poly
      irrigation fitting at the hardware store that screwed straight in to
      connect to my water plumbing.
      I have it on test at the moment it seems to deliver enough flow and we
      will see if it will run for a couple of hours without burning out.

      Don't you just love it when thing come together like they were planned.
      Dean.