check out a new way to finance distilling

  • Tom Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2000
      It Works, Its Legal, Its Easy, so Why Not?

      Parents of 15-year-old find $71,000 cash hidden in his closet.

      Does this headline look familiar? Of course it does.

      You most likely have just seen this story recently featured on a major
      nightly news program (USA).

      His mother was cleaning and putting laundry away when she came across a
      large brown paper bag
      that was suspiciously buried beneath some clothes and a skateboard in
      back of her 15-year-old
      son's closet. Nothing could have prepared her for the shock she got when
      opened the bag and
      found it was full of cash. Five dollar bills, twenties, fifties and
      - all neatly rubber-banded in
      labeled piles.

      "My first thought was that he had robbed a bank", says the 41-year-old
      woman, "There was over
      $71,000 dollars in that bag - that's more than my husband earns in a

      The woman immediately called her husband at the car-dealership where he
      worked to tell him what
      she'd discovered. He came home right away and they drove together to the

      boy's school and
      picked him up. Little did they suspect that where the money came from
      more shocking than
      actually finding it in the closet.

      As it turns out, the boy had been sending out via E-mail on the Internet
      type of 'chain-letter' to
      E-mail addresses that he obtained off of the Internet. Everyday after
      for the past 2 months,
      he had been doing this right on his computer in his bedroom.

      "I just got the E-mail one day and I figured what the heck, I put my
      name on
      it like the instructions
      said and I started sending it out", says the clever 15-year-old.

      The E-mail letter listed 3 addresses and contained instructions to send
      $5 dollar bill to the
      person at the top of the list, then delete that address and move the
      other 2
      addresses up, and finally
      to add your name to the bottom of the list. The letter goes on to state
      you would receive
      several thousand dollars in five dollar bills within 2 weeks if you sent
      the letter with your name
      at the bottom of the 3-address list "I get junk E-mail all the time, and
      really didn't think it was
      gonna work", the boy continues.

      Within the first few days of sending out the E-mail, the Post Office Box

      that his parents had gotten
      him for his video-game magazine subscriptions began to fill up with not
      magazines, but envelopes
      containing $5 dollar bills.

      "About a week later I rode [my bike] down to the post office and my box
      1 magazine and
      about 300 envelopes stuffed in it. There was also a yellow slip that
      said I
      had to go up to the [post
      office] counter- I thought I was in trouble or something (laughs)". He
      on, "I went up to the
      counter and they had a whole box of more mail for me. I had to ride back

      home and empty out my
      backpack 'cause I couldn't carry it all".

      Over the next few weeks, the boy continued sending out the E-mail. "The
      money just kept coming
      in and I just kept sorting it and stashing it in the closet, I barely
      time for my homework". He
      had also been riding his bike to several of the area's banks and
      the $5 bills for twenties,
      fifties and hundreds. "I didn't want the banks to get suspicious so I
      riding to different banks
      with like five thousand at a time in my backpack. I would usually tell
      lady at the bank counter
      that my dad had sent me in [to exchange the money] and he was outside
      waiting for me. One time
      the lady gave me a really strange look and told me that she wouldn't be
      to do it for me and my
      dad would have to come in and do it, but I just rode to the next bank
      the street (laughs).

      " Surprisingly, the boy didn't have any reason to be afraid. The
      news team examined and
      investigated the so-called 'chain-letter' the boy was sending out and
      that it wasn't a
      chain-letter at all. In fact, it was completely legal according to US
      and Lottery Laws, Title
      18, Section 1302 and 1341, or Title 18, Section 3005 in the US code,
      also in
      the code of federal
      regulations, Volume 16, Sections 255 and 436, which state a product or
      service must be
      exchanged for money received.

      Every five dollar bill that he received contained a little note that
      "Please add me to your
      mailing list". This simple note made the letter legal because he was
      exchanging a service (adding the
      purchaser's name to his mailing list) for a five dollar fee.

      Here is the letter that the 15-year-old was sending out by E-mail, you
      do the exact same thing
      he was doing, simply by following the instructions in this letter.

      * * * * *
      Here are instructions on how to make $10,000 US cash in the next 2

      There are 3 addresses listed below.

      Send the person at the top of the list a $5 bill wrapped in 2 pieces of
      paper (to securely hide it),
      along with a note that says: "Please add me to your mailing list".

      Then delete that name, move the other 2 up and put your name at the

      Now start sending this ENTIRE e-mail back out to people.

      When 20 people receive it, those 20 people will move your name up to the

      middle position and
      they will each send out 20. That totals 400 people that will receive
      letter with your name in the

      Then, those 400 people will move your name up to the top and they will
      send out 20 E-mails.
      That totals 8,000 people that will receive this E-mail with your name at
      top and they will each
      send you a $5 bill.

      8,000 people each sending you a $5 bill = $40,000 cash. That's if
      responds to this
      E-mail, but not everyone will, so you can expect more realistically to
      receive about $10,000 in cash
      ($5 bills) in your mailbox.

      This will work for anyone, anywhere in the world in any country, but
      only a US CASH $5 bill.

      The more E-mails you send out, the more cash you will receive. If each
      person sends out 100
      E-mails, there will be 1,000,000 people that receive this letter when
      name reaches the top. If
      only 1% of those people respond, you will still get $50,000 cash.

      * * * * *

      Here is the list:

      1. Robert Todino
      8 albert street,
      woburn, MA 01801

      2. Karin Johnson
      19 Murray St.
      Burlington, VT 05401

      3.Tom Johnson
      91-1048 B Hoomaka St.
      Ewa Beach, Hi. 96706

      * * * * *

      THERE'S NOTHING MORE TO DO. When your name reaches the top in a few
      you will
      start receiving $5 bills from other people just like yourself, who are
      willing to invest a $5 bill to
      receive $10,000 cash.

      If you don't try it - you will never know.

    • Des Zein
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2000
        --- In new_distillers@egroups.com, Tom Johnson <tjohnson@s...> wrote:
        > It Works, Its Legal, Its Easy, so Why Not?
        > Parents of 15-year-old find $71,000 cash hidden in his closet.
        > Does this headline look familiar? Of course it does.

        The message above has been let through to show 'all' members the sort
        of posting that is not welcome in this discussion group. Surely the
        name tells everyone what it is about ie distilling. It is extremely
        important for the survival of this and any group that postings adhere
        to the subject. Other groups have been destroyed by this sort of
        behaviour and I as moderator will not let that happen here.
        If members wanted to read this type of message I am sure there are
        other groups that cater for it.

        As the early members will remember to begin with this group was
        moderated and I vetted all messages before sending on. I took this
        function off because I thought that the members at that time were
        acting responsibly and 'playing the game'. I do not want to impose
        moderation on this group again, but that is always an option.
        Let me make it plain off subject messages are not welcome here and
        in future the poster can be deleted off the group. This is a genuine
        warning to all.
        Isnt it a shame that a few spoil it for the rest.

        Young Des