Toasted Oak Chips

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2001
      Hi all,
      Can someone tell me what colour toasted oak chippings should be
      ? Following the instructions in an earlier posting I roasted some dry oak
      chippings (tightly wrapped in Al foil) @ 230 deg F for about 20 mins, the end
      result smelt great but was, if anything, only slightly darker than when I
      started. I'm getting my hands on some ex-whisky barrel staves from a local
      bottling plant and just have to find a use for them .................... !!
      --
      Dick on the LangWang
      Dedicated to Growing Old Disgracefully
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2001