Re: [new_distillers] 'Still Spirits'25lt Reflux Still

  • ups474@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2001
      As I recall, that was Tony's first still- I don't remember him jumping for
      joy over it's product (75% out of the box, as I recall). You may be better
      of making a Nixon/Stone design, or buying a Euro still (Pete Sayers at the
      Brewer's barn sells them) The euro still will produce 90 to 95% abv (at
      least, the 26liter model I bought does)- just repack the column with copper
      scouring pads (throw the glass shards that came in it away), this will help
      the flavor of the final spirit.