Re: [new_distillers] new still

  • David W Lunsford
    Message 1 of 56 , Dec 2, 2004
      I remember I told my wife if she saw me crazily rolling around on the
      ground, to hit me with the fire extinguisher, as ethanol flames are almost
      invisible.....fire extenguisher is good idea, but not as important as
      common sense.....Maxtonnage

      At 06:51 AM 12/3/04 +1100, you wrote:

      >Keep a fire extinguisher near but not on top of the still and take
      >everything slowly especially being your first run double check
      >everything. Don't be disappointed if you don't get 96% that can take
      >time and adjustment I can see the little Irish jig (dance) when the
      >first drop comes
      >
      >May the force be with you : )
      >Dean.
      >

      >Dean.
      >
      >Adam wrote:
      >
      >>I am going to set up my still this weekend. is there any good advice
      >>that anyone can offer?
      >>

      >> thankyou
      >> still the newbie
      >> adam

      >> FAQ and other information available at http://homedistiller.org
      >>

      >>Yahoo! Groups Links

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jim Graves
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 1, 2013
        I have used it both ways, today I ran the last of 55 gallons of UJSM and did it in my reflux still with the valve fully open.  I got almost two gallons out of 12 gallons of distillate.  It went from 70 down to 30 when I cut it off.  All mixed together it comes out at about 45% and it tastes great!  Made apple pie out of it and and it is very nice!

        James D. Graves
        Ravenwood Solutions, llc.
        251-533-8569