tainted spirit

  • Mikey
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30 6:42 PM
      Hello...new here
      I just completed my first run with great success....94% at 1/2 liter
      per hour
      Unfortunatly I stored the product in Grolsh beer bottles with the
      rubber seal....the highly concentrated vapour has melted the rubber
      seal and thus tainted the spirits. (now smells REAL bad...not gonna
      taste it)

      What I plan to do is pour it all back into the boiler and add a
      gallon of water or wine and re-distill it.

      Am I on the right track here??...will distilling it again give me
      back my wonderfull clear pure spirit?

      thnx for time
    • John McAdam
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30 6:57 PM
        i would settle for the rubber taste rite now. done 2 runs. 1 rum and one peated malt whiskey. all i got was a sea of chemical smelling swill. nothing smelled, or tasted anything like any sort of drinking stuff.

        best!
        John
          I just completed my first run with great success....94% at 1/2 liter
          per hour
          Unfortunatly I stored the product in Grolsh beer bottles with the
          rubber seal....the highly concentrated vapour has melted the rubber
          seal and thus tainted the spirits. (now smells REAL bad...not gonna
          taste it)

          What I plan to do is pour it all back into the boiler and add a
          gallon of water or wine and re-distill it.

          Am I on the right track here??...will distilling it again give me
          back my wonderfull clear pure spirit?

          thnx for time

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Always check my current auction offerings on eBay!

          Whatever is written above is my subjective opinion
          There are no warranties of any kind whatsoever
          You've been warned, act on your own risk
          And finally, I can be wrong I must say!
          Alex (aka BOKAKOB)

        • _{*L*}_