Re: [new_distillers] Re: Threaded Copper adaptor for Standard US Beer Keg

  • David W Lunsford
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 3, 2004
      I have been using propane from the beginning, dont scare anyone off....It
      is only as safe as you make it....I used to worry about the flame, but it
      has become my friend,,,although I am very aware of it's
      temper..."distilling is not inherently dangerous, but like the sea, it is
      terribly unforgiving of carelessness, incapacity, or neglect....take care
      how you use the still, don't drink while distilling, and pay attention to
      what is going on. .... Dave

      At 12:21 AM 11/3/04 -0000, you wrote:

      >> > He's lucky to be here to tell the tale. That's why we are so
      >> > adamant about sight levels for this type of keg setup. An ounce
      >> of
      >> > prevention is worth a ton of cure (if you survive), and if you
      >> don't
      >> > survive, then your family will have a rough time collecting on
      >> your
      >> > life insurance.
      >> >

      >> > Slainte!
      >> > regards Harry
      >>

      >> Harry, This is a non issue if you are using propane .. Right?
      >>
      >> Tim
      >
      >Very much an issue.
      >
      >Capt. Ed Murphy said in his now famous and much
      >paraphrased 'Law' "If there is any way to do it wrong, he will."
      >
      >Well, I did, and so might anyone of us.
      >
      >I was lucky in that my boiler was copper, and popped pretty quickly.
      >Even so it did building damage that took me 5 days and a thousand
      >dollars to repair. I get the 'Heebie Jeebies' if I even think of a
      >beer keg bursting.
      >
      >Jim Puchai.

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • David W Lunsford
      Message 36 of 36 , Nov 3, 2004
        I use propane, and I seem to have very few problems, compared to the other
        members with electric...Dave