Recycling wine

  • popwahtosh
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
      When recycling wine into neutral spirits, will there be any heads,
      etc. I should be aware of? Will the color be removed?

      thanks. Pop
    • Mike Nixon
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
        popwahtosh wrote:
        Subject: [new_distillers] Recycling wine

        When recycling wine into neutral spirits, will there be any heads,
        etc. I should be aware of? Will the color be removed?
        Hi Pop,

        Yes and yes. Wine will contain all the complex compounds that give it its
        flavor, and these correspond to those that are removed in either the heads
        or the tails. Color comes from complex compounds that will also be removed.

        All the best,
        Mike N