fermenting ad stuff

  • walpole2000@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2001
      i am new at distilling my own alcohol and have a few quik questions:

      1. For a ferment do u put in sugar,yeast,and water. If you do add
      water how much, and how much of the other stuff.

      2. How do u make sure you get no methonol in your alcohol, i have
      read that you throw away te first 50ml of a 20L wash, but will this
      work.

      3. In a pot still do you have the thermometer in the liquid in the
      boiling pot or in the vapour in the boiling pot.

      4. If i don't have a slobber box in my still setup will i get crud
      coming out at the end.

      5. How do i know when the yeast and sugar and stuff is done
      fermenting, or how long do i leave it sit for.

      Thanx a lot, i hope u can help me.
      Bye.