Re: [new_distillers] Five Minute Fruit Recipe

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2004
      Once I ran out of my supplies of juices and other dilatants for home
      made drinks. Disliking vodka I made an experiment and loved it. It is
      tasty and quick to make.

      I have those cognac glasses (one Soda can fills it completely, I guess
      it is 350mL) so I took 10 seedless grapes the size of lima bean,
      squashed it with potato masher in a plastic jar to puree and poured it in the
      cognac glass. Added about 25~30mL at 95%abv it looked like just about
      100mL by volume. Let it sit for about 3 minutes and I dropped there two
      ice cubes, and poured a splash of cold water. It has strength of vodka,
      flavor of grapes with grape skin and seeds overtones, it has some pulp
      (oh well, I was in a hurry) and it tastes pretty cool. My next
      experiment will be cranberries or strawberries.

      It is refreshing and tastes good. I just wanted to share with the
      group. Cheers´┐Ż

      P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I added a tea spoon of white sugar and mixed it well.