Thank you All

  • cafeesalman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2004
      Hi,
      I am a new member to the group and also new to distilling. I am a
      Pakistani muslim and I don't drink alcohol. but I made the still and
      distilled clean and pure white alcohol from it in four days.

      I was doing some searching on internet about bio diesel, and then
      searched methanol and ethanol and came to all the great sites you
      have and many many knowledge. so I started, Boiler is made from small
      gas canister and still is made from ordinary steel or iron pipe,
      since the copper pipes were not available in my area I just found
      1/2" and I bought 2 feet for the internal of condensor. the water
      pump I took from the water cooling system. the wash was sugar gur
      water yeast.

      last night when all were sleeping I gave it a first try and the
      electric element I just sit and sit and sit. it took too much time to
      heat then I insulated the column. and after some time it suddunly
      rais up. and then the production started. I collected 3 big pepsi
      botels and a small jar. the small jar is head and very pure and the
      one pepsi botel very pure and the other two little low. I did the
      checking by taking alcohol in table spoon and give it fire and very
      nice blue flame. when alcohol burns the remaining water is there.
      this way I judge the purity.

      any way thank you all and I really appriciate all your efforts and if
      I can make it in bottles then for sure I can also make it in drums
      and on big scale. but I have to sort it out how and what are the
      applications of this in my country where even taking about it is also
      forbidden.

      Javed Khan