SS super reflux modified and getting 94%

  • roy packs
    Message 1 of 50 , Oct 6, 2004
      Hi all
      I posted a while back about modifing my stills spirits
      super reflux head to make it into a worthy still head.
      Many thanks for all your help. I have been on hols and
      lost touch with everyone but Im here to announce the
      system works well.
      What Have I done.
      added 1 meter of 50mm copper(insulated) between the
      head and the boiler, filled with SS scrubbers. Made an
      electronic heater controller. I now have it set to
      full heat until the head reachs 65 degc then it goes
      into a low simmer mode for about 30-45 mins to let
      everything stabilise. then goes to about 65% power. I
      can get full reflux (no output) with about 600ml of
      water flow and no reflux or at least low at around
      100ml so i have good control. The water is
      recirculating. Garden water tank 1000L with a small
      pressure vessle water pump type delivery system.
      I have made two runs with outstanding results.
      I may not need the simmer dwell now i have noted good
      control over the reflux with water flow.

      All looking good thanks for your help and persistance.
      Ill fine tune the system as runs permit :)

      http://vote.yahoo.com
      Message 50 of 50 , Apr 30 6:51 AM
        Ya'll might want to start with a Topic Harry and myself discussed
        about yeast nutrients, plant food, Econo-wash and his "666" recipe
        (sign of the devil) was quite an interesting thread. See:
        with reading the rest of the the thread.

        Any other questions regarding using plant food please ask.

        Vino es Veritas,
        Jim.

        Hi Phil, look right above the message # and search box. Type in plant
        food and it will give you the post's Hope this helps
        Greg

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "philip_smithwick"

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gapremodeling@...>