RE: 2 condensers?

  • Ackland, Tony (CALBRIS)
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
      > I just had a crazy thought - if I hooked 2 lyne arms and condensers
      > to my pot still, would I be able to double the speed of the output?
      > or would I have to turn the temperature up higher to accomodate the
      > second condenser and in effect be pushing the mash too quick?

      Without increasing the amount of heat, it wont go any faster.
      To collect more distillate you need more vapour, hence more energy input.
      The temperature of the liquid & vapour wont go any higher - thats determined by its alcohol content, but yes you may get more scorching if the surface temperature of the element or base of the pot is being heated to a higher temp.

      Tony

      NOTICE

      This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and
      may contain privileged information.

      If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying or distribution
      of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited and you must not
      read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or attachments.

      This notice should not be removed.