Re: Needle valves

  • teuchter12
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
      Thanks baz for your reply.
      Two Plumbers merchents told me why the could not sell me the valves,
      have tried hydraulic and pneumatic suppliers only have ball valves.
      Thanks again I will keep trying.
      teuchter
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "teuchter12" <ladymuck@m...>
        wrote:

        > Thanks baz for your reply.
        > Two Plumbers merchents told me why the could not sell me the
        valves,
        > have tried hydraulic and pneumatic suppliers only have ball valves.
        > Thanks again I will keep trying.
        > teuchter

        http://www.wessingtoncryogenics.co.uk/Spares.htm

        http://www.ckgas.com/Diaphragm-Needle-Valves.html

        HTH
      • teuchter12
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 3, 2004
          Thanks for the help Harry, will try them tomorrow.
          teuchter
        • boilerbaz
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 4, 2004
            Hi teuchter,

            I tend to keep away from plumbers merchants, especially the type that
            have you stand at a counter and ask them for parts. (remember that
            old 'two Ronnies' sketch - "faw kaanduls" :-D

            I get my parts from the big DIY superstores, where I can stand there
            for hours looking like a total plonker, whilst I imagine how it will
            all fit together, lovingly fingering a large selection of ball valves
            and coils of small diameter pipe. "Hhhmmmm..Ten Mil coil" ;-)

            See ya mate ;-)

            Baz.

            wrote:

            > Thanks baz for your reply.
            > Two Plumbers merchents told me why the could not sell me the valves,
            > have tried hydraulic and pneumatic suppliers only have ball valves.
            > Thanks again I will keep trying.
            > teuchter
          • Philip Vernon
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 14, 2007
              Hi group,
              Trying to locate a suitable needle valve for a Nixon stone head in Melbourne
              Australia. If anyone knows of a place it would be much appreciated as all my
              leads are gone.
              Thanks heaps
              Phil
              --
            • Robert N
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 15, 2007

                Phil try Enzed hose doctor’s they do hydraulic hose repairs and have outlets all over the place. Failing that try plumbing stores. Keep trying you could also do a search of the forum as I remember others in the past asking this question from Melbourne .

                Yours in Spirit

                Robert

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 15, 2007
                  Enzed carry quality stainless needle valves made by Parker in the USA.

                  Needle valves come in different degrees of flow control, depending on the needle-seat
                  angle. Ask for the finest flow control version.

                  The part number for the 1/4" fine control version, with compression fittings is:

                  4A-V4LN-SS.

                  They are around $100, but top quality, and you shouldn't ever need to replace them.

                  CAUTION: Close off the fine control versions gently so you don't distort the needle point
                  and degrade the integrity of the needle-seat seal. Do not wind them down hard into the
                  seat. The needle and seat only need to just contact to seal properly.

                  Product details are at:

                  http://www.controlandpower.com/catalog/html/
                  parker_instrumentation_valves.htm#Needle_Valves

                  Cheers
                • Andrew Bugal

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 15, 2007
                      Needle valves are available from ACE Hardware International USA. THEY cost a few dollars.

                      Philip Vernon <phil@...> wrote:
                      Hi group,
                      Trying to locate a suitable needle valve for a Nixon stone head in Melbourne
                      Australia. If anyone knows of a place it would be much appreciated as all my
                      leads are gone.
                      Thanks heaps
                      Phil
                      --

                      Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger .yahoo.com

                      Regards
                      Joe

                    • stevolate
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 16, 2007
                        Hi Phill
                        Thease guys normaly have them in stock

                        Norden Hydraulic Connections
                        Hose, Fittings & Adaptors
                        60- 62 Bennet St Dandenong 3175
                        03) 9793 2515

                        Happy drinking

                        Stevo

                        > Hi group,
                        > Trying to locate a suitable needle valve for a Nixon stone head in
                        Melbourne
                        > Australia. If anyone knows of a place it would be much appreciated
                        as all my
                        > leads are gone.
                        > Thanks heaps
                        > Phil
                        > --

                      • Murphy-Marsh, Leigh
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 17, 2007
                          Philip Vernon <phil@...> wrote:
                          Hi group,
                          Trying to locate a suitable needle valve for a Nixon stone head in
                          Melbourne
                          Australia. If anyone knows of a place it would be much appreciated as
                          all my
                          leads are gone.
                          Thanks heaps
                          Phil