More on Electrics/electronics

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2004
      I posted before a link to a series of free books about electronics and
      electricity.
      http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/electricCircuits/

      Considering the number of posts re 'Building Power Controllers', 'How
      to Solder', 'Schematics' etc. etc., I consider this sort of knowledge
      to be invaluable to 'do-it-yourself' hobby distillers.

      There is another section to that site which you may have missed. It is
      a huge series of worksheets in small downloadable .pdf files. You can
      pick & choose which files you need and teach yourself with a minimum of
      fuss.

      <shameless plug>
      This site is also an extremely good example of what can be achieved
      under 'Creative Commons Attribution Licensing'. Wouldn't it be nice if
      our groups operated in a similar vein?
      </shameless plug>

      The License...

      These worksheets and all related files are licensed under the Creative
      Commons Attribution License, version 1.0. To view a copy of this
      license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/ or send a
      letter to Creative Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California
      94305, USA. The terms and conditions of this license allow for free
      copying, distribution, and/or modification of all licensed works by the
      general public.

      The Site...

      http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/socratic/index.html

      (A little personal indulgence) :-)
      My philosophy on the usefulness of forums...

      QUOTATION: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to
      fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

      ATTRIBUTION: Chinese proverb.�The International Thesaurus of
      Quotations, ed. Rhoda Thomas Tripp, p. 76, no. 3 (1970).

      SUBJECTS: Education

      (end of waffle & ramble) ;)

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Murphy-Marsh, Leigh
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004
        <Snip>
        (A little personal indulgence) :-)
        My philosophy on the usefulness of forums...

        QUOTATION: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to
        fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

        ATTRIBUTION: Chinese proverb.-The International Thesaurus of
        Quotations, ed. Rhoda Thomas Tripp, p. 76, no. 3 (1970).

        SUBJECTS: Education

        (end of waffle & ramble) ;)

        Hi Harry,
        My own personal philosophy is:

        Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to
        fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

        Have a good one mate,
        Leigh
      • cornz_1
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
          QUOTATION: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man
          fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

          Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, set him on fire and
          he'll be warm for the rest of his life.