Re: [new_distillers] Digest Number 52

  • Des
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2000
      At 09:36 AM 16/06/00 -0000, you wrote:

      >There are 2 messages in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Oak Chips for aging spirits
      > From: mambrose@...
      > 2. (unknown)
      > From: leeham@...

      >Message: 1
      > Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:23:22 -0000
      > From: mambrose@...
      >Subject: Oak Chips for aging spirits
      >
      >Does it make a major difference what kind of toasted oak chips are
      >used for aging? I have red oak readily available but not white oak.
      >Any comments?

      I know there are various types of oak, we actually distribute virgin
      Americian Oak shavings, toasted oak chips, and recently added Jack Daniels
      Oak barrel chips to the range. The Virgin shavings are labeled as white
      oak and 'for food processing purposes'.
      Not much but I hope that helps. Ray may be able to advise more as he uses
      quite a lot.

      Intweresting question, will look forward to seeing it develop.

      Des
      topkiwi