Re: Absinthe

    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 1, 2004
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Jason Pitts
      <Jasonmpitts@e...> wrote:
      > Does anyone here have a tried and true recipe for absinthe?
      >
      > I have tried some of the pre-packaged herbal kits out there with
      some
      > moderate success, but I am looking to produce something with more
      of a high
      > quality french absinthe flavor. I am really fond of the Un Emile
      68, but
      > at the same time Id like to have the traditional green finish. I
      usually
      > use peppermint, hyssop, star anise and anise seed as my finishing
      herbs to
      > give it a little more of the louche kick.
      >
      > thanks in advance
      > -Jason

      Hi Jason,
      Subscribe to the Distillers group, then go here...

      and here...

    • Peers Cawley
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 4, 2010

        Yes – tried a few recipes all good – Got my herbs and 1 kilo of wormwood from a company in the UK called Herbmoon Hollow – supposedly for wicca / druidic magic got all sorts there, calamus root, gentian root, pine resin (retsina) – you name it, they got it

        Cheers from Peers

        BTW Prestige Absinthe essence is also very good and is a lot less hassle but not as much fun

        BTW2 – Not that I’ve tried smoking it but wormwood doesn’t half smell like cannabis – wonder what a sniffer dog would think!! lol