Re: Needle valves

  • pthoma_nz
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 30, 2004
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "teuchter12" <ladymuck@m...>
      wrote:
      > Boilerbaz as your in uk could you tell me if you know of a
      supplier
      > for needle valves. Tried every where no joy. I would need a corgi
      > gas fitters cert,to buy them they tell me.
      > Hope you can suggest where I can get them.
      > Hopefully yours teuchter

      Thats ridiculous.... look in yellow pages for hydraulic/pneumatic
      hose supplies... call around, its not like they can be used for
      anything weird.... its just a tap....
    • boilerbaz
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
        Hi Teuchter,

        Yep, needle valves are not the sort of thing you can pick up at B+Q.

        Needle valves are not only used for Gas and you can buy them without
        a Corgi license. Whoever told you you needed a corgi license was
        talking bollocks!

        If a supplier ever asks why you want a strange valve type, or large
        diameter copper tube and fittings, tell them you are buying the parts
        for your brother who is a miniature steam train enthusiast and he is
        building his first model steam engine ;-)

        I don't use needle valves because I've only ever built Vapour
        management heads, which can use simple, easy to find ball or gate
        valves. Have you thought about building a VM head it's easy and gives
        realy good results.

        Anyway, try doing a Google search for Hydraulic valves etc this might
        do the trick.

        Regards,

        Baz.

        wrote:
        > Boilerbaz as your in uk could you tell me if you know of a supplier
        > for needle valves. Tried every where no joy. I would need a corgi
        > gas fitters cert,to buy them they tell me.
        > Hope you can suggest where I can get them.
        > Hopefully yours teuchter
      • teuchter12
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
          Thanks baz for your reply.
          Two Plumbers merchents told me why the could not sell me the valves,
          have tried hydraulic and pneumatic suppliers only have ball valves.
          Thanks again I will keep trying.
          teuchter
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
            wrote:

            > Thanks baz for your reply.
            > Two Plumbers merchents told me why the could not sell me the
            valves,
            > have tried hydraulic and pneumatic suppliers only have ball valves.
            > Thanks again I will keep trying.
            > teuchter

            http://www.wessingtoncryogenics.co.uk/Spares.htm

            http://www.ckgas.com/Diaphragm-Needle-Valves.html

            HTH
          • teuchter12
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 3, 2004
              Thanks for the help Harry, will try them tomorrow.
              teuchter
            • boilerbaz
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 4, 2004
                Hi teuchter,

                I tend to keep away from plumbers merchants, especially the type that
                have you stand at a counter and ask them for parts. (remember that
                old 'two Ronnies' sketch - "faw kaanduls" :-D

                I get my parts from the big DIY superstores, where I can stand there
                for hours looking like a total plonker, whilst I imagine how it will
                all fit together, lovingly fingering a large selection of ball valves
                and coils of small diameter pipe. "Hhhmmmm..Ten Mil coil" ;-)

                See ya mate ;-)

                Baz.

                wrote:

                > Thanks baz for your reply.
                > Two Plumbers merchents told me why the could not sell me the valves,
                > have tried hydraulic and pneumatic suppliers only have ball valves.
                > Thanks again I will keep trying.
                > teuchter
              • Philip Vernon
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 14, 2007
                  Hi group,
                  Trying to locate a suitable needle valve for a Nixon stone head in Melbourne
                  Australia. If anyone knows of a place it would be much appreciated as all my
                  leads are gone.
                  Thanks heaps
                  Phil
                  --
                • Robert N
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 15, 2007

                    Phil try Enzed hose doctor’s they do hydraulic hose repairs and have outlets all over the place. Failing that try plumbing stores. Keep trying you could also do a search of the forum as I remember others in the past asking this question from Melbourne .

                    Yours in Spirit

                    Robert

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 15, 2007
                      Enzed carry quality stainless needle valves made by Parker in the USA.

                      Needle valves come in different degrees of flow control, depending on the needle-seat
                      angle. Ask for the finest flow control version.

                      The part number for the 1/4" fine control version, with compression fittings is:

                      4A-V4LN-SS.

                      They are around $100, but top quality, and you shouldn't ever need to replace them.

                      CAUTION: Close off the fine control versions gently so you don't distort the needle point
                      and degrade the integrity of the needle-seat seal. Do not wind them down hard into the
                      seat. The needle and seat only need to just contact to seal properly.

                      Product details are at:

                      http://www.controlandpower.com/catalog/html/
                      parker_instrumentation_valves.htm#Needle_Valves

                      Cheers
                    • Andrew Bugal

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 15, 2007
                          Needle valves are available from ACE Hardware International USA. THEY cost a few dollars.

                          Philip Vernon <phil@...> wrote:
                          Hi group,
                          Trying to locate a suitable needle valve for a Nixon stone head in Melbourne
                          Australia. If anyone knows of a place it would be much appreciated as all my
                          leads are gone.
                          Thanks heaps
                          Phil
                          --

                          Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger .yahoo.com

                          Regards
                          Joe

                        • stevolate
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 16, 2007
                            Hi Phill
                            Thease guys normaly have them in stock

                            Norden Hydraulic Connections
                            Hose, Fittings & Adaptors
                            60- 62 Bennet St Dandenong 3175
                            03) 9793 2515

                            Happy drinking

                            Stevo

                            > Hi group,
                            > Trying to locate a suitable needle valve for a Nixon stone head in
                            Melbourne
                            > Australia. If anyone knows of a place it would be much appreciated
                            as all my
                            > leads are gone.
                            > Thanks heaps
                            > Phil
                            > --

                          • Murphy-Marsh, Leigh
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 17, 2007
                              Philip Vernon <phil@...> wrote:
                              Hi group,
                              Trying to locate a suitable needle valve for a Nixon stone head in
                              Melbourne
                              Australia. If anyone knows of a place it would be much appreciated as
                              all my
                              leads are gone.
                              Thanks heaps
                              Phil