stevos still

  • mrsvetsare
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2004
      Hi I want to know how to take out alcohol from "stevos stil" at the
      photos
      can enybody explane that to me?
    • stevolate
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2004
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mrsvetsare" <snagels@s...>
        wrote:
        > Hi I want to know how to take out alcohol from "stevos stil" at
        the
        > photos
        > can enybody explane that to me?

        Hi
        The condensate is collected from the copper tube.
        You can see in third photo.
        The copper tube is half inch inside with a 3/4" outside cover, which
        is the water jacket. The cooling water goes in the bottom then out
        the top and up to the condenser it also splits and goes into a water
        jacket on the section holding the copper coil.

        There is a small tap above the copper tube, which controls the amount
        collected. The rest flow's back and drops in the top of column.

        If this is still confusing I can take more photos.
        Just ask.

        Stevo
      • mrsvetsare
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 22, 2004
          Yes I realy want to Know more about your stil I realy like it Much
          and want to see more photos att it
          and f you can tell how good it works,
          Mrsvetsare
          --- In
          new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "stevolate" <stevolate@y...> wrote:
          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mrsvetsare" <snagels@s...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi I want to know how to take out alcohol from "stevos stil" at
          > the
          > > photos
          > > can enybody explane that to me?
          >
          > Hi
          > The condensate is collected from the copper tube.
          > You can see in third photo.
          > The copper tube is half inch inside with a 3/4" outside cover,
          which
          > is the water jacket. The cooling water goes in the bottom then out
          > the top and up to the condenser it also splits and goes into a
          water
          > jacket on the section holding the copper coil.
          >
          > There is a small tap above the copper tube, which controls the
          amount
          > collected. The rest flow's back and drops in the top of column.
          >
          > If this is still confusing I can take more photos.
          > Just ask.
          >
          > Stevo
        • mrsvetsare
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 22, 2004
            Hi stevo
            I realy want to see more Photos at yopur stil
            I like you contruktions VERY MUCH it`s my type/style of colum stil
            and please tell me how much % it will takr out and AL you know
            i have photos at my construktions if you want to see
            Mrsvetsare,sweden
          • stevolate
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 22, 2004
              wrote:
              > Hi stevo
              > I realy want to see more Photos at yopur stil
              > I like you contruktions VERY MUCH it`s my type/style of colum stil
              > and please tell me how much % it will takr out and AL you know
              > i have photos at my construktions if you want to see
              > Mrsvetsare,sweden

              Hi it is hard to understand you.
              I think I understand. I have posted more photos in folder and added
              text to explain parts.
              I normally get 96.5% with these 2 stills.
              Yes I would like to see photos of your still.

              This weekend I will do a run with a glass column.
              Hope to post photos. If you go to Distillers photos and look up Stevo
              forced reflux you will see another still. There is also a video in
              files section under Glass Forced Reflux in the distillers group if
              you are interested.

              The following information was recorded during a run, I hope it makes
              sense as it was for my records .

              Good luck

              Stevo

              12th May 02 12.5 Litres Mash at 18 to 20% Made with 8 Kilos
              caster sugar packet Still Spirits Turbo Yeast
              On at 11.40 am Using second half of mash mix. Using
              new column with 6 scrubbers

              Time Bottom Temp Top Temp Information
              12.13 88.3 45.0 Water on full reflux
              12.14 88.6 82.3
              12.17 89.5 77.3 Turned power down to 8
              12.19 89.8 77.0
              12.22* 89.8 77.1* Collected 20 mill heads Started to collect in
              skinny glass
              12.25 89.9 77.1 fast drips about 45 mill in glass
              12.32 90.2 77.1 turned power down just below 8
              12.33* 90.2 77.1* Collected 130 mill at 95% and added to this
              mornings bottle
              12.40 90.5 77.1 30 mill in bottle
              12.50 90.9 77.1 60 mill in bottle
              1.04 91.6 77.1 88 mill in bottle
              1.18 92.3 77.1 138 mill in bottle
              1.29* 92.9 77.1* Full bottle of 96.5% ABV Started skinny
              glass
              1.40 93.5 77.2 130 mill of 95% tipped in new bottle
              1.41 93.5 77.1 Turned up reflux now 3 drops per second
              1.56 94.2 77.1 63 mill in bottle
              2.01 94.3 77.1/0 69 mill in bottle
              2.15 94.6 77.1 85 mill in bottle
              2.25 94.9 77.1/0 95 mill in bottle about 2.5 drops per second
              2.36 95.2 77.1 108 mill in bottle
              2.48 95.5 77.1 120 mill in bottle
              3.00 95.9 77.1 135 mill in bottle
              3.14 96.3 77.1 155 mill in bottle
              3.26* 96.8 77.1* Full bottle of 96.5%
              3.45 97.5 77.1 120 mill in skinny glass
              3.48 97.7 77.1 130 mill of 96.5% put in new bottle
              4.06 98.3 77.1 110 mill in skinny glass
              4.11 98.5 77.1 130 mill of 96.5% in 3rd bottle
              4.20 98.7 77.2
              4.23 98.8 77.3 Increased reflux now 28 drips in 15 seconds
              65 mill in glass
              4.30 98.4 77.3 90 mill in skinny glass
              4.38 99.1 77.4 120 mill in glass
              4.43 99.1 77.6 130 mill at 94% in this mornings bottle
              4.48 99.3 77.8 25 mill in glass
              4.52 99.4 78.0 35 mill in glass
              5.02 99.5 79.6 82 mill in glass
              5.04 99.6 82.3 opened valve and turned off. Collected 100
              mill and put in this
              mornings tails bottle

              got 2150 mill this morning and 2120 after lunch
              Total of 4270 mill from 25 litre mash
            • stevolate
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 23, 2004
                >Hi again steve
                >sorry for not writing so goood in english
                >The new colum head how is that contrutions??do you have some plate
                >to samle up the alcohol from not driping down back in the colum?
                >please inform me more about this things
                >I will send you some of my photos soon
                >have e you a Privat emai??

                Hi I have posted 4 more photos with some explanations. I hope you can
                work out from my drawings.
                With your photos post them in photos section as others would like to
                see them.
                In photos the cap drops is from the top before I insert condenser
                coil. The cap diverts condensation to Reservoir around outside then
                out fitting in side. This head has a glass tube for distillate to go
                through, so I can see the flow. The trouble is the distillate runs
                down glass and is very hard to see.

                Stevo
              • BOKAKOB
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 23, 2004
                  -snip-
                  The trouble is the distillate runs
                  down glass and is very hard to see.
                  -snop-

                  I would suggest to make a drip so you can see the flow. If you allign this email and apply corier font you would understand the idea.

                  _||_
                  | � | The wider tube is transparent and is made better of glass,
                  | � | but possible from sillicone tubing. The whole thing is held
                  |_�_| together by stainless steel hose clamps.
                  this little gizmo would allow you to see the flow of distillate.

                  Whatever I wrote above is my subjective opinion
                  There are no warranties of any kind
                  Act on your own risk and finally...
                  I can be wrong I must say
                  Cheers, Alex...

                • stevolate
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 23, 2004
                    Hi Alex
                    The glass tube is inserted from bottom when tap is unscrewed.
                    It seals on o-rings, which are compressed by the nuts.
                    I with the current set up can't change it.
                    The glass is only 3/16" id and too hard to get it to drop down the
                    centre of tube. I had ordered 1/2" id glass, which would have had an
                    internal o-ring seal. The hole in the middle would of let liquid drop
                    down the centre. I may change one day if I get bored.

                    Happy drinking

                    Stevo