Re: [new_distillers] Re: Thermometer in nixon/stone still

  • Tim White
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2004
      Thanks for the info will give it a go
      regards Tim

      grayson_stewart66 <grayson_stewart66@...> wrote:
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "vbslab716n" <vbslab716n@y...>
      wrote:
      > I would like some advise on how far to insert my thermo stem into
      > the reflux column.
      > Have just finished building it have not used it yet .

      Vapor completely fills the head of a column. It will be practically
      the same temperature at any point along a horizontal line within the
      column. As long as you have the temperature probe within the column,
      not touching the walls of the column, and not where refluxing liquid
      can fall on the probe, you will be fine. I tried best to position
      the tip of my probe in the very center of the column.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT