carbon UK etc.

  • Brian Bashford
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2001
      Been pottering around the net and found a company called Dryden Aqua in the
      UK that sells activated carbon for 43 quid (+VAT) for 25 kg. Not sure about
      shipping costs yet. What I'd like to know ...(the spec. for it is " 0.4 to
      1.7mm granular with a neutral PH") is this carbon suitable for distillers ?
      If so this might be a suitable candidate for buying in bulk, splitting up
      and redistributing.
      Also there appears to be a company (Hambledon Bard) in the UK producing a
      turbo yeast. They won't deal directly with the public tho', so I'll visit my
      local home brew shop and see if they can order some. The company has been
      around for years selling wine and beer kits.

      Brian B.
    • fizzynick@yahoo.co.uk
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
        Hi Brian

        Sorry for the delay in replying.

        Hambleton Bard are wholesale/manufacturers. They actually make the
        Alcotec Turbo Yeast range.
        I have sourced a web site that will give you all the turbo yeast you
        could wish for ...

        http://www.leylandhomebrew.co.uk/

        A good range of kit on offer and they charge under a fiver delivery
        for orders under 50 quid (costs more than that in petrol for me to
        get to my fave homebrew shop !)

        Hope this helps

        Fizz
      • al lewis
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
          Hi I have found a ource of Activated Carbon, whether they will supply
          in small quantities I dont know but have e-mailed them.
          The firm is Water Link Sutcliffe Carbon at www.sutcliffecarbons.co.uk
          Hopefully this MAY solve our problem al.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
            Hi Al,

            I wish you luck.
            I e-mailed them a few weeks ago asking if they would and I haven't
            had a response yet !
            Great Customer Service !

            Fizz
          • al lewis
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2001
              Hi well I go something!!!!!!!!!!!! My email returned without a BOOOOOOOO
              on it. Obviously a very friendly firm regards arthur