Anyone distilled white vinegar?

  • farley132000
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2004
      No.. really. If you had a malt or cider vinegar, could you distill it
      with a copper still?

      Would the acetic acid put the boots to the still? Would the copper
      wind up in the product? Acetic acid boils at about 118C, where are
      the heads and tails, if you're looking for white vinegar?

      fyi - it's just something else I would like to say "I made it myself".

      Thanks in advance,
      Farley
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "farley132000"
        <farley132000@y...> wrote:
        > No.. really. If you had a malt or cider vinegar, could you distill
        it
        > with a copper still?
        >
        > Would the acetic acid put the boots to the still? Would the copper
        > wind up in the product? Acetic acid boils at about 118C, where are
        > the heads and tails, if you're looking for white vinegar?
        >
        > fyi - it's just something else I would like to say "I made it
        myself".

        > Thanks in advance,
        > Farley

        Distilled vinegar is crap. All it's good for is cleaning out the
        copper in your still. If you really want to make good vinegar, this
        article will help. Bookmark it...
        http://winemakermag.com/feature/87.html