Re: Vodka truth wanted

  • roweesbar1
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
      Anyone that has an interest in this should read
      John Stones "Moonlight and Roses"
      among other things explores how we are seduced by advertising to pay
      huge amounts of money for products which essentially contain the
      same product - neutral spirit. Which as all home distllers know can
      be produced very cheaply. Interesting to note now that in Australia -
      walk into any Home Brew shop and there are rows upon rows of
      essences to flavour neutral spirit. Vitually any commercial style of
      spirit can be reproduced ( admittedly with varying degrees of
      success) at a fraction of the price. Newer converts to drinking
      spirits often prefer the essence flavoured home produced product
      (from 95% spirit diluted back to 40% alcohol) as it has less of the
      harsh tastes that commercial brands have. Another bonus fewer and
      less intense hangovers.
    • Carter Cathey
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
        And, if it is two kernals of organic corn, then you have organic vodka.