Re: Hello yttrium_nitrate.

  • yttrium_nitrate
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 9, 2004
      I'm sure the malted grain helped a bit, but I just don't believe that
      you added enough grain to make a 20% wash. To pick up the slack of
      between the 11% from the sugar, and the 20% you stated, you would need
      to add around 16 pounds(7kg) of dry grain assuming the grain was 50%
      sugar. Perhaps your handfuls are large.

      > Thanks for the help guys! Yttirum, Are you telling me that you
      > believe the mash that I converted with enzymes before adding it to
      > the wash that contained the 4.5kg's had no influence in taking up the
      > slack where the amount of sugar was lacking? If so, I guess I don't
      > understand your question
      >
      > Swamp

      I recently threw in about 10 handfuls of a crushed all grain horse