Purchasing a heating element in the U.S.

  • jessemull@home.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4 9:05 PM
      Hi,

      I just recently completed a stone nixon style still, but I haven't
      purchased a heating element. I want to use an external one, but live
      in the United States and I am having trouble finding somewhere,
      perhaps online, that I could buy a heating element larger than 1000
      watts. If anyone could help me out I would be very greatful. Thanks.

      Jesse
    • TNichelson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5 7:05 AM
        Here is a link for you to check:

        http://www.wolfstoves.com/Cadco/HotPlates.htm

        The largest I've seen for external 120V is 1650 Watts.
        If you have access to 220V you could move up to the
        3000-4000 watt range but these burners are expensive.
        I personally use a propane turkey frying burner ($35
        US) and it works great with my reflux setup (25 liter,
        1.2 meter, 2 inch dia).

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1