Mak'in one!

  • Stevensgang@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2000
      Tony! If I attempted to build a pot still using a sheet of copper and a
      weekend or two, will lead-free solder be safe to put it together with?
      It just seems like my little 5gal. still ain't big enough to even run
      off enough for myself let alone a buddy or two! What do ya think?
      Thanks!!!!
    • yldog@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2000
        Stevens
        It is perfictly fine to use lead free solder if you are talking about
        silver solder which welds copper sheet together. i personally have
        welded a very large amount of joins about 10 meter's or so with
        silver solder because i have a plate system not a packed column but
        that is a different story so to answer your question it is perficaly
        fine i have not died or received lead poisoning yet.
        From Scott