Re: New to Distilling, In the portland, OR area

  • pfcslr
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 13, 2004
      I too can attest to having seen what the feds can do to people who
      mind their own business, avoid minors, and practice alternative
      hobbies. As sad a statement as it may be it really is safer to bump
      around in the dark for a few years than hit the lights and get
      squashed like a roach! I hate hiding and being paranoid but we truly
      do live in a fashist state; and if you want the gastapo to spare you
      learn to either make wine or home brew and then simply add a still
      head to your brew kettle and boil your wine or beer instead of
      bottling it. :)

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Smith" <asmith1@b...>
      wrote:
      > Amen. I come from an area where moonshine (actually red whiskey)
      was very common. When my school friends' grandfather went to
      federal prison because a jealous neighbor turned him in, I got
      religion, and never lost it. Any one outside of the U.S. has no
      bona fides when commenting on what can happen when you get on the
      wrong side of the ATF.