Re: [new_distillers] Re: New to Distilling, In the portland, OR area

  • Austin Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2004
      Amen. I come from an area where moonshine (actually red whiskey) was very common. When my school friends' grandfather went to federal prison because a jealous neighbor turned him in, I got religion, and never lost it. Any one outside of the U.S. has no bona fides when commenting on what can happen when you get on the wrong side of the ATF.

    • pfcslr
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 13, 2004
        I too can attest to having seen what the feds can do to people who
        mind their own business, avoid minors, and practice alternative
        hobbies. As sad a statement as it may be it really is safer to bump
        around in the dark for a few years than hit the lights and get
        squashed like a roach! I hate hiding and being paranoid but we truly
        do live in a fashist state; and if you want the gastapo to spare you
        learn to either make wine or home brew and then simply add a still
        head to your brew kettle and boil your wine or beer instead of
        bottling it. :)

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Smith" <asmith1@b...>