Looking for some help

  • atravisty@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2004
      Greetings all,

      I am truly a newbie at this, so please bear with me as I go through
      the information I seek. I have been making my own wine at home for
      some time now, and (not to brag too much), most people have told me
      that it's pretty good.

      Well, I have gotten the bug to take my wine to the next level and
      make some of it into brandy and fruit liquors. I'm NOT looking to
      make something in the 80% to 95% ABV range, but more like something
      in the 20% to 40% window.

      SO I guess what I am basically looking for is a pot still over a
      reflux one, but here's the catch...I have done extensive research on
      this subject and cannot seem to find a good example of one that I
      can build or (even better), purchase. I really only want to make
      small batches at any given time, maybe ones with a yield of 1 to 5
      liters.

      So, if any of you can direct me towards a simple to build or
      moderately priced unit, I'd appreciate it. Also, please give me
      your feedback on the "amazing still" and the "mini distiller" in
      regards to my aforementioned uses.

      I do appreciate your time in reading this rambling post and really
      appreciate you giving any feedback you may have to offer. You can e-
      mail me directly ( atravisty@...) or post here.

      Thanks again and best wishes,